Hello there, my fellow holiday shoppers!
With tomorrow being Thanksgiving (seriously, where the heck did the year go??) and Black Friday looming, I thought I’d gather some of my favorite ideas for holiday gifts. Why does my opinion matter? It doesn’t, but I’ll share my favs with you anyway!
- Apple Products
- Ok, so one of my favorite Apple products are the AirPods. I was skeptical at first because I thought FOR SURE I would lose at least one, or both, or the charging case they rest in, but I’m happy to report that they’re all still in my possession! These things are compact, they sound great and they’re very inconspicuous. I haven’t seen any deals for Black Friday, so you’re looking at a $159.99 price tag unless some deals pop up. I promise you they’re worth it.
- I also saw that the iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi 128GB will be on sale at Best Buy for $249.99 on Black Friday and the 9.7″ Wi-Fi iPads will be $249.99 at Target (these are also compatible with the Apple Pencil, which is also an amazing buy).
- The Giving Keys
- The Giving Keys are my go-to for thoughtful gifts. They’re basically necklaces, bracelets & earrings that contain stamped keys with your choice of a word on it. For example, I have anxiety on occasion, so I have a silver Classic Key Necklace with the word ‘BREATHE’ on it. Their mission is to help those affected by homelessness. You wear the item and then have the option to pass it on to someone who might need that message as well. I’m not sure if there are any Black Friday deals, but there are black key necklaces that are BOGO, there is free shipping on orders $75+ and there’s a little bar at the top of the website that states, “Spend $50, get $10 off.”
- Alex and Ani
- I only just starting buying Alex and Ani bracelets, but they’re excellent gifts to give! Right now they have their Black Friday sale going on with 25% off of (mostly) everything on the site in addition to free shipping.
- Pura Vida Bracelets are threaded bracelets that you can get in almost any variety of colors. There are some with charms on them, some are braided, some support charities and all help support artisans in Costa Rica. They’re durable and extremely light-weight. Their Black Friday sale includes 50% off all bracelets, plus free shipping on orders $30+. If you’re reading this after Black Friday, you can use my ambassador code – According2Kristin – to get 20% off your order. These are great unisex little stocking stuffers that come in their own individual bags!
- Sand Cloud
- Sand Cloud is an organization that has been featured on Shark Tank. Their mission is to support marine life and to #SavetheFishies. With their convenient and trendy towels, t-shirts (for both men and women) and accessories, by helping their cause 10% of all profits are donated to several organizations that help preserve marine life. Their Black Friday sale includes 50% off all products and free shipping on orders $100+. If you miss their Black Friday sale, you can use my ambassador code – KristinTru25 – for 25% off your order. These towels come rolled up in a compact little bundle of greatness.
- Subscription BoxesThere are a ton of subscription boxes out there that are great to give as gifts. Here are some of my favorites: Ipsy, BirchBox, Book of the Month, Harry’s Shave Club, and more. You can just Google subscription boxes and find just about anything you’re looking for. One of my ultimate favorites is FabFitFun. They offer seasonal boxes with full-size products that you can even customize if you become a select member. You can sign up for a FabFitFun box by using my affiliate link HERE and make sure to enter the code WINTERFUN at checkout to receive $10 off your first box.
- Metal MarvelsMetal Marvels is a new find for me. They have everything from jewelry to wine cups to tumblrs to profanity pillows. The majority of their products contain sarcastic, profanity-laced sayings that are hilarious and trendy. Their Black Friday sale will launch on Friday at 10am PST, but if you sign up for their email, text, or VIB list before Friday, you’ll get an even bigger discount. Also, the first 200 orders over $150 (after discounts) will receive a gift set worth $150 for free!
- metalmarvels.comWhen all else fails, you can buy your favorites some vinyl records for the music lover and sneakers for the sneaker head. Last year, I stuffed a box with all of my niece’s favorite movies, so that’s always an option. Best Buy and Target have fantastic deals on movies for Black Friday, so check their ads for details.
- Some of my favorite stores for odd gifts are Francesca’s and Urban Outfitters.
- You can also check stores like Hollister that are offering a 50% discount. Kohl’s also has very good discounts available for Black Friday, along with their signature $15 for every $50 spent!
I hope this list helped out even just a little bit! If it did, then I have done my job! I hope ya’ll have a fantastic time shopping for your loved ones, and I hope my suggestions help in saving you some money while doing so!
Written by Jesus Figueroa (@Thisfunktional)
Halloween is now in the past and with thanksgiving just a few weeks away why not get started with Christmas shopping.
Disney, Marvel and Star Wars have some excellent toys for the kids this gift giving season.
Check out these top 10 gifts from their catalogue this 2017 holiday season:
Marvel Spider-Man Homecoming: Official Movie Edition Spider Drone
Retailers: Mass and shopDisney.com
Now you can help your favorite superhero watch over the city with your own Official Spider-Man: Homecoming Movie Edition Spider-Drone, Powered by Sky Viper. With eight legs and a Spidey-suit-inspired style, this drone is an authentic replica of Spider-Man’s new gadget in the blockbuster film. As your drone takes flight, follow along with the Spider-Drone app to unlock achievements and view media in the gallery. Flight Assist features include Auto Land and Auto Hover, plus Voice Feedback with real phrases from the movie, to make flying fun and easy for any Spider-Man fan.
Spider-Man Interactive App-Enabled Super Hero Powered by Sphero
Retailers: shopDisney.com, Mass and Specialty retailers
Team up. Hang out. Fight villains. Hero stuff.
Join forces with Spider-Man™ and enter the Marvel Universe like never before. This voice interactive Super Hero features hours of entertainment. Embark on missions where you’ll take on the city’s worst criminals and battle Spidey’s most notorious villains. Every decision you make creates a new path forward, so your unique journey will continue to evolve. Spidey’s Wi-Fi capabilities allow for new missions, games, stories, jokes, and other content updates. When not fighting bad guys, hang out and strike up some banter with your friendly neighborhood hero. Spidey’s reactions and signature snarky attitude are sure to keep you on your toes.
Built with fully animated LCD eyes and motion detection, Spider-Man is as expressive as he is perceptive. Watch him react to people passing by, set him to wake you up, or have him guard your room to stop snooping siblings. The tech in this interactive, immersive, and intellectual Spidey empowers you to be his heroic ally.
Marvel Spider-Man Mega City Playset
Imagine swinging into action and saving the city with SPIDER-MAN! At a towering 46 inches tall – nearly 4 feet! – this playset includes more than 20 features and 5 levels of play, from the subway to the bank vault and PETER PARKER’s secret lab. Hook SPIDER-MAN up to the web zipline and watch as he swings into action to stop villains from using the exploding door to steal money bags from the bank. Kids can launch projectiles and send bad guys to their doom with multiple trap doors and secret passageways, and lock up to 6 villains in web jail!
Marvel Legends Series Star-Lord Electronic Helmet
Channel the legendary outlaw STAR-LORD with this highly detailed and 1:1 full scale electronic helmet! Features premium movie-inspired sculpting and deco, as well as electronic sound effects and light up eyes. Fully adjustable to fit most heads. Requires 3 AA batteries, not included.
Disney, Star Wars and Marvel vívofit® jr. 2
Retailers: Retailers nationwide
Available: September 27, 2017
Featuring designs of kids’ favorite characters including Minnie Mouse, BB-8 and Marvel’s Captain America, each band theme offers a corresponding mobile app adventure where children can complete missions to advance in the journey and unlock new character step icons, with the help of their parents, by achieving 60 minutes of activity every day. This exciting collaboration leverages kids’ favorite characters, encouraging children to be active, and ultimately shaping habits for lifelong health and fitness.
Star Wars: Jedi Challenges Augmented Reality Experience
Retailers: Best Buy and Lenovo online
Availability: Holiday 2017
A new augmented reality Star Wars product that allows fans to experience Star Wars in ways never before possible. Jedi Challenges features a smartphone-powered Lenovo Mirage AR headset, Tracking Beacon, Lightsaber controller, and hours of Star Wars gameplay. The product is compatible with both Android phones and iPhones, will be available this holiday season and is available for pre-order now for $199.99 at Best Buy and Lenovo online.
Star Wars Force Link BB-8 2-In-1 Mega Playset (With Force Link Wearable Band)
Retailers: US, UK, Australia, China, and Singapore. Available at most major retailers, shopDisney.com and on HasbroToyShop.com.
The power of the Force is in your hands with FORCE LINK! Activate incredible FORCE LINK sounds and phrases in the BB-8 2-IN-1 MEGA PLAYSET. On the outside, this playset resembles the iconic astromech droid BB-8 from STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI. Open the BB-8 exterior to uncover a multi-level playset where the real fun begins! This playset features 3 FORCE LINK activation areas with sounds and phrases, as well as 6 play areas to recreate favorite scenes. Discover tons of awesome features such as hidden trap doors, a firing canon with sound effects, and more! The playset also includes 3.75-inch SUPREME LEADER SNOKE and ELITE PRAETORIAN GUARD (with Single Blade) FORCE LINK-activated figures. Includes playset, FORCE LINK wearable technology, 2 figures, and accessory. Requires 3 1.5V AA Alkaline batteries, not included. Compatible with all products in the FORCE LINK line, each sold separately. Ages 4 years & up/Approx.
Propel Star Wars Battle Drones
Introducing the Propel Star Wars Battle Drones. Bring the magic of flight to a whole new dimension with the Propel T64 X Wing Starfighter, Tie Advanced X1 and the 74Z Speeder Bike quadcopter. You can fly these drones at top speeds up to 35 miles per hour and engage friends and family in exciting multiplayer battles! Now comes with a companion app.
Droid Inventor Kit
Retailers: Walmart, Amazon, Apple Store, Disney Store, shopDisney.com and littleBits.com
Kids can create their own droid and bring it to life using littleBits electronic Bits and a smart device. With the droid Inventor app, they’ll give their droid new abilities and take it on 16+ missions. Then they’ll level-up their inventor skills, reconfiguring parts to design any droid they can dream up. The kit comes with everything kids need to create and customize a droid straight out of the box. Initial configuration is easy with step-by-step video instructions to create their droid, then control it in Drive mode, Self Navigation Mode, Force Mode, and more. After mastering these skills, kids continue on to challenges that spark creativity and get them inventing brand-new droids.
R2-D2™ App-Enabled Droid™
Retailers: Sphero.com, Apple, Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Disney Store and more
R2-D2™ is an astromech droid from a galaxy far, far away…. Control your droid with your smart device, watch Star Wars™ films together, explore holographic simulations, and more.