The filmmakers of THE LORD OF THE RINGS and THE HOBBIT bring us the new epic adventure, MORTAL ENGINES.
SYNOPSIS: Hundreds of years after civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event, humankind has adapted and a new way of living has evolved. Gigantic moving cities now roam the Earth, ruthlessly preying upon smaller traction towns. Tom Natsworthy (Robert Sheehan)—who hails from a Lower Tier of the great traction city of London—finds himself fighting for his own survival after he encounters the dangerous fugitive Hester Shaw (Hera Hilmar). Two opposites, whose paths should never have crossed, forge an unlikely alliance that is destined to change the course of the future.
MORTAL ENGINES is the startling, new epic adventure directed by Oscar®-winning visual-effects artist Christian Rivers (King Kong). Joining Rivers are The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogies three-time Academy Award®-winning filmmakers Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, who have penned the screenplay. Visual effects are created by a Weta Digital team led by Ken McGaugh, Kevin Smith, Luke Millar and Dennis Yoo. The Universal and MRC adaptation is from the award-winning book series by Philip Reeve, published in 2001 by Scholastic.
On board as producers are Zane Weiner (The Hobbit trilogy), Amanda Walker (The Hobbit trilogy) and Deborah Forte (Goosebumps), as well as Walsh and Jackson. Ken Kamins (The Hobbit trilogy) joins Boyens as executive producer. Universal will distribute the film worldwide.
In Theaters December 15, 2018
Watch this clip from November 27’s episode of “THE GIFTED.”
In attempts to stabilize Reed’s (Stephen Moyer) powers, Reed, Caitlin (Amy Acker) and Lauren (Natalie Alyn Lind) meet with Dr. Risman (guest star Kate Burton), a doctor who treats patients with debilitating X genes.
However, Lauren finds out Dr. Risman is not who she thought she was.
Following the Inner Circle’s bank ambush, Thunderbird (Blair Redford) and Blink (Jamie Chung) continue to work together to chase them down.
Meanwhile, Polaris (Emma Dumont) reflects on her troubled relationship with her father and takes steps to protect Dawn from the Inner Circle in the all-new “the dreaM” episode of THE GIFTED airing Nov. 27 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Filmmakers, voice talent and special guests walked the red carpet at Curzon Mayfair to celebrate Ralph and Vanellope’s return to the big screen. Attendees include voice talent John C. Reilly (voice of Ralph), Sarah Silverman (voice of Vanellope) and Gal Gadot (voice of Shank), plus filmmakers Rich Moore (director), Phil Johnston (director/screenwriter) and Clark Spencer (producer).
Special guests included U.K. celebs Dan TDM, Linda Robson, Naomi Isted, Sarah Cawood, Shanie Ryan and Stacey Solomon.
LONDON, ENGLAND – NOVEMBER 25: Director Phil Johnston, Gal Gadot, John C Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Dan TDM, director Rich Moore and producer Clark Spencer attend the UK Premiere of Disney’s ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’ at the Curzon Mayfair on November 25, 2018 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by StillMoving.net for Disney)
LONDON, ENGLAND – NOVEMBER 25: (L to R) Clark Spencer, Sarah Silverman, Phil Johnston and Rich Moore attend the European Premiere of ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’ at The Curzon Mayfair on November 25, 2018 in London, England. (Photo by StillMoving.net for Disney)
LONDON, ENGLAND – NOVEMBER 25: Gal Gadot and Sarah Silverman attend the UK Premiere of Disney’s “Ralph Breaks The Internet” at the Curzon Mayfair on November 25, 2018 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Tristan Fewings/Getty Images for Disney)
LONDON, ENGLAND – NOVEMBER 25: Director Rich Moore attends the UK Premiere of Disney’s “Ralph Breaks The Internet” at the Curzon Mayfair on November 25, 2018 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Tristan Fewings/Getty Images for Disney)
LONDON, ENGLAND – NOVEMBER 25: Gal Gadot, John C Reilly and Sarah Silverman attend the UK Premiere of Disney’s ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’ at the Curzon Mayfair on November 25, 2018 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by StillMoving.net for Disney)
ABOUT THE MOVIE:
In “Ralph Breaks the Internet,” video-game bad guy Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) and best friend Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) leave the comforts of Litwak’s arcade in an attempt to save her game, Sugar Rush. Their quest takes them to the vast, uncharted world of the internet where they rely on the citizens of the internet—the Netizens—to help navigate their way. Lending a virtual hand are Yesss (voice of Taraji P. Henson), the head algorithm and the heart and soul of the trend-making site “BuzzzTube,” and Shank (voice of Gal Gadot), a tough-as-nails driver from a gritty online auto-racing game called Slaughter Race, a place Vanellope wholeheartedly embraces—so much so that Ralph worries he may lose the only friend he’s ever had. Directed by Rich Moore (“Zootopia,” “Wreck-It Ralph”) and Phil Johnston (co-writer “Wreck-It Ralph,” “Zootopia,” writer, “Cedar Rapids”), and produced by Clark Spencer (“Zootopia,” “Wreck-It Ralph,” “Bolt,” “Lilo & Stitch”), “Ralph Breaks the Internet” opened in U.S. theaters on Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018.
RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET | Official Channels:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |
A-LIST HOLLYWOOD AND BOLLYWOOD STARS WALK THE RED CARPET AT THE MOWGLI: LEGEND OF THE JUNGLE WORLD PREMIERE IN MUMBAI
Netflix holds India’s first-ever world premiere for a major Hollywood release
Mumbai hosted its first-ever global premiere for a major Hollywood film this week, as Netflix showcased Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle to an exclusive audience.
Director and actor Andy Serkis walked the red carpet with his fellow cast mates Christian Bale, Freida Pinto, Rohan Chand and Louis Ashbourne Serkis.
Mowgli World Premiere, Mumbai, November 25, 2018 (L-R) Andy Serkis and Louis Ashbourne Serkis (Photographer – Ritam Banerjee / Netflix)
Mowgli World Premiere, Mumbai, November 25, 2018 (L-R) Christian Bale, Rohan Chand, Louis Ashbourne Serkis, Freida Pinto and Andy Serkis (Photographer – Ritam Banerjee / Netflix)
Mowgli World Premiere, Mumbai, November 25, 2018 (L-R) Abhishek Bachchan, Christian Bale, Madhuri Dixit, Kareena Kapoor, Rohan Chand, Louis Ashbourne Serkis, Freida Pinto, Andy Serkis, Anil Kapoor, Jonathan Cavendish (Photographer – Ritam Banerjee / Netflix)
Anil Kapoor, Abhishek Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who bring the much-loved characters to life in Hindi, also joined their international
cast mates at the premiere.
The Mumbai event marked the beginning of the Mowgli global tour, with screenings taking place in London and Los Angeles, before the movie premieres globally to Netflix members on December 7, 2018.
About MOWGLI: LEGEND OF THE JUNGLE
Acclaimed actor and director Andy Serkis reinvents Rudyard Kipling’s beloved masterpiece, in which a boy torn between two worlds accepts his destiny and becomes a legend. Mowgli (Rohan Chand) has never truly belonged in either the wilds of the jungle or the civilized world of man. Now he must navigate the inherent dangers of each on a journey to discover where he truly belongs. Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Andy Serkis, Freida Pinto, Rohan Chand, Matthew Rhys and Naomie Harris lead an all-star cast in this visually spectacular and emotionally moving adventure.
You guyssssssssss…..I LITERALLY CAN NOT!!!
I caught the official teaser trailer for the live action version of THE LION KING last night and I can not wait until July 19, 2019! This is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time and I was a bit worried about how it would look as a live action movie. But this is on another level! I mean, seriously! Who hasn’t bawled their eyes out during THAT scene?? Can you imagine it in live action??? Disney, please let everyone know where we can send our therapy bills for payment. K, thanks, bye.
Side note: Usually, I’ll minimize the size of the posters when I attach them to my posts, but this one is staying it’s original size for visual effect lol.
Check it out for yourself & let me know your thoughts:
If that wasn’t enough to convince you (& I sincerely hope it was), check out this side by side video comparing the 1994 version to the 2019 trailer.
THE LION KING hits theaters July 19, 2019
Aviron Pictures has released the teaser-trailer for the studio’s forthcoming film AFTER. The film is based on Anna Todd’s best-selling novel of the same name, which became a publishing sensation after crashing the social storytelling platform Wattpad due to overwhelming popular demand.
SYNOPSIS: Based on Anna Todd’s best-selling novel which became a publishing sensation on social story telling platform Wattpad, AFTER follows Tessa (Langford), a dedicated student, dutiful daughter and loyal girlfriend to her high school sweetheart, as she enters her first semester in college. Armed with grand ambitions for her future, her guarded world opens up when she meets the dark and mysterious Hardin Scott (Tiffin), a magnetic, brooding rebel who makes her question all she thought she knew about herself and what she wants out of life.
Release: April 12, 2019
Director: Jenny Gage
Writer: Susan McMartin, based upon the book “After” by Anna Todd
Cast: Josephine Langford, Hero Fiennes Tiffin
Producers: Courtney Solomon, Mark Canton, Jennifer Gibgot, Anna Todd, Aron Levitz, Meadow Williams and Dennis Pelino
AFTER will open in theaters everywhere on April 12, 2019!
AFTER | Official Channels
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #AfterMovie
Hello there, my fellow holiday shoppers!
With tomorrow being Thanksgiving (seriously, where the heck did the year go??) and Black Friday looming, I thought I’d gather some of my favorite ideas for holiday gifts. Why does my opinion matter? It doesn’t, but I’ll share my favs with you anyway!
- Apple Products
- Ok, so one of my favorite Apple products are the AirPods. I was skeptical at first because I thought FOR SURE I would lose at least one, or both, or the charging case they rest in, but I’m happy to report that they’re all still in my possession! These things are compact, they sound great and they’re very inconspicuous. I haven’t seen any deals for Black Friday, so you’re looking at a $159.99 price tag unless some deals pop up. I promise you they’re worth it.
- I also saw that the iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi 128GB will be on sale at Best Buy for $249.99 on Black Friday and the 9.7″ Wi-Fi iPads will be $249.99 at Target (these are also compatible with the Apple Pencil, which is also an amazing buy).
- The Giving Keys
- The Giving Keys are my go-to for thoughtful gifts. They’re basically necklaces, bracelets & earrings that contain stamped keys with your choice of a word on it. For example, I have anxiety on occasion, so I have a silver Classic Key Necklace with the word ‘BREATHE’ on it. Their mission is to help those affected by homelessness. You wear the item and then have the option to pass it on to someone who might need that message as well. I’m not sure if there are any Black Friday deals, but there are black key necklaces that are BOGO, there is free shipping on orders $75+ and there’s a little bar at the top of the website that states, “Spend $50, get $10 off.”
- Alex and Ani
- I only just starting buying Alex and Ani bracelets, but they’re excellent gifts to give! Right now they have their Black Friday sale going on with 25% off of (mostly) everything on the site in addition to free shipping.
- Pura Vida Bracelets are threaded bracelets that you can get in almost any variety of colors. There are some with charms on them, some are braided, some support charities and all help support artisans in Costa Rica. They’re durable and extremely light-weight. Their Black Friday sale includes 50% off all bracelets, plus free shipping on orders $30+. If you’re reading this after Black Friday, you can use my ambassador code – According2Kristin – to get 20% off your order. These are great unisex little stocking stuffers that come in their own individual bags!
- Sand Cloud
- Sand Cloud is an organization that has been featured on Shark Tank. Their mission is to support marine life and to #SavetheFishies. With their convenient and trendy towels, t-shirts (for both men and women) and accessories, by helping their cause 10% of all profits are donated to several organizations that help preserve marine life. Their Black Friday sale includes 50% off all products and free shipping on orders $100+. If you miss their Black Friday sale, you can use my ambassador code – KristinTru25 – for 25% off your order. These towels come rolled up in a compact little bundle of greatness.
- Subscription BoxesThere are a ton of subscription boxes out there that are great to give as gifts. Here are some of my favorites: Ipsy, BirchBox, Book of the Month, Harry’s Shave Club, and more. You can just Google subscription boxes and find just about anything you’re looking for. One of my ultimate favorites is FabFitFun. They offer seasonal boxes with full-size products that you can even customize if you become a select member. You can sign up for a FabFitFun box by using my affiliate link HERE and make sure to enter the code WINTERFUN at checkout to receive $10 off your first box.
- Metal MarvelsMetal Marvels is a new find for me. They have everything from jewelry to wine cups to tumblrs to profanity pillows. The majority of their products contain sarcastic, profanity-laced sayings that are hilarious and trendy. Their Black Friday sale will launch on Friday at 10am PST, but if you sign up for their email, text, or VIB list before Friday, you’ll get an even bigger discount. Also, the first 200 orders over $150 (after discounts) will receive a gift set worth $150 for free!
- metalmarvels.comWhen all else fails, you can buy your favorites some vinyl records for the music lover and sneakers for the sneaker head. Last year, I stuffed a box with all of my niece’s favorite movies, so that’s always an option. Best Buy and Target have fantastic deals on movies for Black Friday, so check their ads for details.
- Some of my favorite stores for odd gifts are Francesca’s and Urban Outfitters.
- You can also check stores like Hollister that are offering a 50% discount. Kohl’s also has very good discounts available for Black Friday, along with their signature $15 for every $50 spent!
I hope this list helped out even just a little bit! If it did, then I have done my job! I hope ya’ll have a fantastic time shopping for your loved ones, and I hope my suggestions help in saving you some money while doing so!