Hey there, movie fans!! – In celebration of Paramount Pictures’ upcoming film, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot starring Tina Fey, we’re taking you back in time by listing the top 5 Tina Fey movies you must watch.
Tina Fey is back and better than ever in Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. She stars as Kim Baker, a journalist sent out to Afghanistan for work, but through her journey gains confidence and happiness.
To get you in the spirit, check out the list below:
- Mean Girls (2004) – Paramount Pictures Teenage Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) was educated in Africa by her scientist parents. When her family moves to the suburbs of Illinois, Cady finally gets to experience public school and gets a quick primer on the cruel, tacit laws of popularity that divide her fellow students into tightly knit cliques. She unwittingly finds herself in the good graces of an elite group of cool students dubbed “the Plastics,” but Cady soon realizes how her shallow group of new friends earned this nickname.
- Baby Mama (2008) – Universal Pictures When single executive Kate Holbrook (Tina Fey) decides the time is right to finally have a baby, she hires a working-class woman (Amy Poehler) from South Philadelphia to act as her surrogate mother. However, Kate’s careful planning goes out the window when the woman shows up on her doorstep needing a place to live. A comic battle of wills breaks out between the pair as they prepare for the blessed event and try not to kill one another in the process.
- Date Night (2010) – 20th Century Fox Dragged down by the daily grind, suburbanites Phil (Steve Carell) and Claire (Tina Fey) try to invigorate their marriage by visiting a trendy Manhattan bistro. They get more than romance when mistaken identity hurtles them into an incredible adventure involving corrupt cops, a mob boss and a crazy cab driver.
- Admission (2013) – Focus Features When straight-laced Princeton University admissions officer Portia Nathan (Tina Fey) pays a recruiting visit to an alternative high school, she receives some news that catches her way off-guard. John Pressman (Paul Rudd), head of the school and Portia’s former college classmate, has surmised that his student, Jeremiah, is the son that Portia secretly gave up for adoption. Portia puts her career at risk by bending the rules for Jeremiah but also discovers a life and romance she never imagined.
- Sisters (2015) – Universal Pictures When their parents place the family home on the market, siblings Maura (Amy Poehler) and Kate (Tina Fey) learn that they have one weekend to clean out the junk from their old bedroom. Unhappy with the news, the recently divorced Maura and her hotheaded sister make plans to throw one final bash to recapture their glory days with their former classmates. As the raging party begins to spiral out of control, the gals soon realize that there may not be a house left to sell once the dust settles.
And of course you have to watch WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT, in theaters March 4.