Directed By: Thea Sharrock
Written By: Jojo Moyes
Starring: Sam Claflin, Emilia Clarke, Vanessa Kirby, Matthew Lewis, Jenna Coleman, Janet McTeer, Charles Dance, Stephen Peacocke, Ben Lloyd-Hughes
SYNOPSIS: A wealthy London man’s life is turned upside down when he is paralyzed in a car accident. When a young woman from a small town is hired to be his caregiver, the two form an unlikely bond.
Anyone who has seen the trailer for ‘Me Before You’ knows they’ll need tissues when they actually see the movie. If you think you’re the exception…think again! Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) and Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games) shine in this beautifully tragic love story from beginning to end. Emilia’s character, Lou, is a quirky, chatty, happy-go-lucky young woman who is searching for a job to help support her family. Sam’s character, Will, is quite the opposite. He’s a wealthy, adventurous young businessman who becomes quadriplegic after a tragic accident. With the help of Nathan, Will’s nurse, and Will’s parents, Lou tries to make Will feel alive again. The story is beautiful and has so much potential, but I wish there was a bit more. It starts off a bit slow (not complaining because the content was good) but at some point it just began to feel rushed as far as their relationship goes. I’m sure the novel fills in those gaps but, in any case, the pacing of the story doesn’t ruin the heartfelt moments in the latter part of the movie. It also doesn’t discredit the wonderful acting, writing and directing involved with this film. Claflin and Clarke have great chemistry together! The pacing issue, in my opinion, happens sometimes when they make films based on novels. It’s impossible to fit everything in. Either way, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good love story!
COMCAST’S XFINITY BEGINS THE SUMMER OF SOCCER 2016 ON THE X1 PLATFORM
The X1 platform continues to revolutionize the sports and entertainment viewing experience. And on June 2, the second annual Xfinity Summer of Soccer kicks off and will feature the two best international soccer tournaments of 2016 – Copa America Centenario and the UEFA EURO 2016.
X1 customers will have the best seat in the house with the new and exciting features that will forever change the way that people watch sports:
- The X1 Sports App: By putting data, graphics and charts right on the same TV screen as the game, the X1 Sports App adds more personalization, interactivity and fun to the viewing experience. It will also include real-time stats on players and teams across both tournaments, as well as information on upcoming matches, recaps, and tournament standings.
- Xfinity On Demand Soccer Hub: A specially curated section of Xfinity On Demand that includes a quick access to match replays and other news, commentary and special clips relevant to the day’s action from either of the tournaments and in both English and Spanish.
- Instant On Demand: Spanish-speaking customers will have a unique opportunity to access all 32 Copa America matches shortly after the live broadcast begins (and throughout the rest of the tournament) via the X1 platform.
- Voice Remote: The X1 Voice Remote gives viewers the power to search, find and navigate all of the summer’s soccer programming with the sound of their voice. Customers can say commands in English or Spanish like “Soccer,” or “Copa America” and it will re-direct them to all the content available for that search term.
- Soccer On-the-go: Fans can live-stream all Copa America Centenario matches in Spanish through the Univision Deportes Network via the Xfinity TV Go app and website, as well as every UEFA EURO 2016 game in English and Spanish on ESPN and ESPN Deportes, respectively.
All summer long, the Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel (XLEC) will offer special Summer of Soccer programming and up-to-the-minute updates, while the Xfinity Latino microsite (www.xfinity.com/latino) will feature daily blogs and a special guide to Comcast’s soccer offerings in addition to links to all matches (In English and Spanish).
The Summer of Soccer brings a viewing experience that only Xfinity X1 can provide.