COMCAST’S XFINITY BEGINS THE SUMMER OF SOCCER 2016 ON THE X1 PLATFORM
The X1 platform continues to revolutionize the sports and entertainment viewing experience. And on June 2, the second annual Xfinity Summer of Soccer kicks off and will feature the two best international soccer tournaments of 2016 – Copa America Centenario and the UEFA EURO 2016.
X1 customers will have the best seat in the house with the new and exciting features that will forever change the way that people watch sports:
- The X1 Sports App: By putting data, graphics and charts right on the same TV screen as the game, the X1 Sports App adds more personalization, interactivity and fun to the viewing experience. It will also include real-time stats on players and teams across both tournaments, as well as information on upcoming matches, recaps, and tournament standings.
- Xfinity On Demand Soccer Hub: A specially curated section of Xfinity On Demand that includes a quick access to match replays and other news, commentary and special clips relevant to the day’s action from either of the tournaments and in both English and Spanish.
- Instant On Demand: Spanish-speaking customers will have a unique opportunity to access all 32 Copa America matches shortly after the live broadcast begins (and throughout the rest of the tournament) via the X1 platform.
- Voice Remote: The X1 Voice Remote gives viewers the power to search, find and navigate all of the summer’s soccer programming with the sound of their voice. Customers can say commands in English or Spanish like “Soccer,” or “Copa America” and it will re-direct them to all the content available for that search term.
- Soccer On-the-go: Fans can live-stream all Copa America Centenario matches in Spanish through the Univision Deportes Network via the Xfinity TV Go app and website, as well as every UEFA EURO 2016 game in English and Spanish on ESPN and ESPN Deportes, respectively.
All summer long, the Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel (XLEC) will offer special Summer of Soccer programming and up-to-the-minute updates, while the Xfinity Latino microsite (www.xfinity.com/latino) will feature daily blogs and a special guide to Comcast’s soccer offerings in addition to links to all matches (In English and Spanish).
The Summer of Soccer brings a viewing experience that only Xfinity X1 can provide.