This year, “Halloween Horror Nights” brings a taste of Hawkins, Indiana to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort inviting guests to enjoy foods inspired by Netflix’s “Stranger Things” that also complement the terrifying “Stranger Things” mazes debuting at both parks. “Halloween Horror Nights” begins on Friday, September 14, 2018.
The specialized foods were created by the executive chef and culinary teams at each park to further enhance the already immersive “Halloween Horror Nights” experience.
Here’s what guests can expect to feast on during “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood:
- Benny’s Burgers: This classic, aptly named after the show’s family-owned diner, features a juicy beef burger served on a potato roll and a side of Tater Tots®.
- The Upside Down Burger: served “upside down,” this signature burger features spicy queso and Flamin’ Hot® Cheetos® served on a potato roll with lettuce, tomatoes, and a side of Tater Tots.
- Benny’s Chicken & Waffle Sandwich: Drizzled with sage-maple aioli and topped with sweet and sour onions, lettuce and tomatoes, this grilled chicken sandwich is served on iconic Kellogg’s® Eggo® waffles with a side of Tater Tots.
- Demogorgon’s Totcho: A twist on the classic nacho, this dangerously delicious snack piles up Tater Tots, doused in spicy queso, chili, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, sour cream and scallions.
- Eleven’s Waffle Extravaganza: Inspired by the lead protagonist’s favorite food, this tasty treat mixes Reese’s Pieces, jelly beans, chocolate chips and whipped cream stacked high on three Kellogg’s Eggo waffles.
Additional treats will be served throughout the theme park including Mini Meatball Subs, Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese, and Stir Fry Noodles as well as Voodoo Doughnuts.
Here’s what guests can expect to dine on at Universal Orlando Resort:
- Waffles Galore!: All inspired by Eleven’s favorite food, guests can enjoy a variety of waffle treats at “Halloween Horror Nights,” including a Fudge Dipped Waffle on a Stick topped with peanuts and sprinkles; a Waffle Ice Cream Pocket Sundae which features two chocolate chip waffles stuffed with strawberry ice cream and topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, sprinkles, chopped peanuts and a cherry; the Triple Decker Extravaganza, which is Orlando’s version of Eleven’s Waffle Extravaganza – and more.
- Syrup & Waffles: Enjoy Eleven’s favorite food…beverage-style! This non-alcoholic frozen drink is a delicious blend of syrup flavors with tiny waffles on top
- Christmas Tree Light Cupcakes: Inspired by the iconic scene from ”Stranger Things” where Joyce uses Christmas lights to communicate with Will, guests can choose from chocolate or red velvet cupcakes, each topped with whipped cream frosting and covered with jelly beans to resemble the colorful lights
- 11 Mini Donuts: These donuts are covered in powdered sugar or cinnamon and topped with red frosting – inspired by the nosebleed Eleven typically has when she uses her telekinesis powers
- Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza: Inspired by the slice of pizza Dustin offers his crush, Nancy, in the first episode of season one
- Benny’s Burgers: Universal Orlando will also feature a Benny’s Burgers food location, where guests can grab a variety of burgers, chicken sandwiches and more
Universal Orlando’s “Halloween Horror Nights” will also feature additional highly-themed food and beverages inspired by this year’s ‘80s theme and Halloween overall, including a unique Candy Corn frozen drink, a sweet and sour drink called “Gnarly Twist,” a special HHN Tombstone Doughnut at Voodoo Doughnut, and more. For a complete list of the highly-themed food and drinks available at Universal Orlando’s “Halloween Horror Nights,” click here.
For the first time ever, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Singapore are partnering with Netflix to bring “Stranger Things” to life at this year’s “Halloween Horror Nights” events. Fans of the series will get the chance to brave the Upside Down and confront the supernatural as each park debuts all-new mazes inspired by season one of the critically-acclaimed series.
For more information and to purchase tickets to “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Orlando Resort or Universal Studios Singapore, visit http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/.