Just in time for DEADPOOL 2 to hit theaters, America’s favorite anti-hero is taking over 7-Eleven stores nationwide starting on May 7th. Deadpool will come to stores through a first-of-its-kind augmented reality (AR) in-store experience, movie ticket prizes, and exclusive Deadpool-themed products (chimichangas included).
Deadpool and Marvel fans alike can collect or devour exclusive Deadpool-branded items that range from collectible Slurpee® cups and straws to mini and monster chimichanga’s, Monster Mutant bottled energy drinks, Mike’s Harder Watermelon Lemonade, Trolli Sour Brite Tiny Hands candy and the Funko POP! Deadpool figurine that can only be found at 7-Eleven stores.
For super-fans who want to take it to the next level: “Meet Deadpool” via the 7-Eleven mobile app. The new AR experience literally brings Deadpool into the store, engaging customers with new surprise activities each week and the chance to win prizes including movie tickets, a trip to Las Vegas and more.
By scanning the 7-Eleven app at checkout, customers can earn 7Rewards® loyalty program points and enter a contest for a chance to win prizes such as movie tickets, a trip to Las Vegas and more. But the biggest news is the in-store AR that invites Deadpool fans to engage in fun virtual activities (new ones each week) to earn 7Rewards bonus points.
While Deadpool evokes “maximum effort” to fight the bad guys in the movie, jumping into the Deadpool AR experience at 7-Eleven stores is easy. All it takes is the 7-Eleven app.
Here’s how it works:
- Tap: Tap the camera icon on the home screen of the 7-Eleven app, and Deadpool appears to guide fans through the experience.
- Selfie: Take a selfie and watch the mad scribbler take over with his red marker.
- Seek: Here a zapcode, there a zapcode. Scannable codes throughout the store unlock new activities and 7Rewards bonus points. The fun changes every week so fans are invited to visit often. One never knows where Deadpool will pop up. Literally. Once unlocked, an experience can be accessed later, even after leaving the store.
That’s the augmented reality part of the DEADPOOL 2 experience. The real-life part can be found in the exclusive items at participating stores.
“Deadpool definitely left an impression at their stores,” said Zachary Eller, executive vice president of Marketing Partnerships at 20th Century Fox. “Great to see that 7-Eleven has truly embraced the ‘creative genius’ that is Deadpool with this program.”
Here is the DEADPOOL 2 product mashup:
- Monster makes a comeback at the Slurpee machine with Mutant Red Dawn flavor. This is the first time in a decade that a Monster energy drink flavor will make a splash on the Slurpee machine. Monster Mutant Red Dawn Slurpee drinks – say that five times fast.
- Cups! Five collectible cups, each with Deadpool striking a different pose along with a colorful comment. A different cup will be released each week and can be used for both Slurpee and Big Gulp® drinks.
- Suck on this. Nothing completes a Monster Mutant Red Dawn Slurpee in a Deadpool cup than straws with tiny Deadpools climbing up the side.
- Chimichangas! Deadpool says he loves saying chimichanga in multiple languages. 7-Eleven has delicious chimichangas that people will love in every language – and two sizes for all size appetites. Look for mini chimis in the hot foods case and Deadpool on the package of larger 7-Select™ Chimichangas in the cold case. Available in two varieties, chicken or steak and black bean, the 7-Select Chimichanga has a special limited time offer – two for $2.50. Regular price is $1.99.
- Deadpool drinks. Look! He’s in the vault on bottles and cans! Monster Mutant energy drink and Mike’s Harder Watermelon Lemonade also get in on the Deadpool 2 action with limited-time packaging.
- Tiny hands! Deadpool’s tiny hands scene in the first movie has become a gif sensation. Deadpool fans can make their own gif using Trolli Sour Brite Tiny Hands candy. Or just eat them. They’re delicious. Available exclusively at participating 7-Eleven stores. Suggested retail price is $1.99.
7-Eleven encourages fans to share their Deadpool experiences with photos on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #DPx7E. Not a 7Rewards member? Customers can sign up for 7Rewards via the mobile website, 7Rewards.com, by messaging “7Rewards” to the Facebook Chatbot on Messenger, or by using a physical loyalty card. Customers can also pay via Apple Pay or Google Pay making their experience even more convenient.
DEADPOOL 2 opens nationwide May 18.
SYNOPSIS: After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.
DEADPOOL 2 Official Channels: